Thursday, May 7, 2009

Strange

I had one of those strangely funny experiences last night.

I spoke to a friend of mine for the first time in months. He and his significant other have been off gallivanting the world since October last year so there was stax to catch up on. At some point during the conversation I commented to him that I had started to feel like I was losing myself again and that I needed to find the lost bits fast.

As some of you know this has been going on for a while now but I really had thought I was starting to make inroads into this till a few weeks ago, then it all went slightly pear shaped on me again. Now I've accepted that this is going to be a long term thing and that I'm going to have moments when I end up getting lost, where things change and I wonder off course so that wasn't the problem, it wasn't even strange or funny.

His last comment to me before we said goodbye was "get back to me when you find yourself", not a strange thing for him to say since we've known each other since high school and he has seen me go through more than one of these I need to find me moments and he knows just how far I've really come.

The funny thing happened when I wondered through to my room, I switched on my radio and the first line I heard was from a song I'd never heard before. The line was "when you find you come back to me". Talk about a goosebump moment. I of course had switched on halfway through the song and it was not back announced so I had no idea who it was or what the name of the song was but I wanted to.

So this morning I came into work and went in search of that one line. (damn I love google and youtube on days like this). Needless to say I found it and duly downloaded it as well. Turns out it's the new single from David Cook (he of american idol and Light on fame), it's actually quite a cool song and the lyrics are rather good to.

They of course got me thinking about how when you seem to be losing yourself the people you need the most seem to be those that have walked away, who dont want you and aren't there to see the you, you become. It also made me think of how we all have said at some stage to someone that when they need you, you will be there and you genuinely intended to be, you may even be there the first time or two they call on you to be, but eventually you are just . . . . . gone.

Well not this time, I've made the promise to be there and I will be, the line "And I hope you find everything that you need I'll be right here waiting" says it all. The promise may not have been made for the same reason but I'm definetly here to stay.



Come Back To Me



You say you gotta go and find yourself
You say that you're becoming someone else
Don't recognize the face in the mirror
Looking back at you



You say you're leavin'
As you look away
I know there's really nothin' left to say
Just know I'm here
Whenever you need me
I'll wait for you



So I'll let you go I'll set you free
And when you see what you need to see
When you find you come back to me



Take your time, I won't go anywhere
Picture you with the wind in your hair
I'll keep your things right where you left them
I'll be here for you,



and I'll let you go I'll set you free
And when you see what you need to see
When you find you, come back to me



And I hope you find everything that you need
I'll be right here waiting to see
You find you, come back to me

I can't get close if you're not there
I can't get inside if there's no soul to bear
I can't fix you, I can't save you
It's something you have to do



So I'll let you go I'll set you free
And when you see what you need to see
When you find you, come back to me
Come back to me
So I'll let you go I'll set you free
And when you see what you need to see
When you find you, come back to me

And I hope you find everything that you need
I'll be right here waiting to see
You find you, come back to me

When you find you, come back to me

No comments: