Saturday, January 1, 2011

A new year, a new me................well hopefully

I thought I'd start the year with something a little more positive, even though I'm dying to rant and rave about the evils of fireworks and what they do to innocent pets on nights like tonight.

I've had a rather tumultus year or so, couldn't seem to find my feet, much less anything else most of the time. There where deaths, new jobs started and ended, use and abuse, friendships that ended, relationships that changed, some for the better some, well lets not dwell shall we. But in spite of all that I came out the other side and in one piece. Pretty impressive even if I say so myself.

But thats not actually what this is about. This is about the fact that I'm finally finding me again. I'm finally starting to believe that maybe just maybe anything is possible and I haven't believed that for a very long time.

It's also about those people who despite it all have been there for me, who have cried when I cried, ranted when I ranted, been my shoulder to cry on when I needed one, been the hand to hold when I lacked courage, who reminded me to breathe when I got side tracked and who believed in me when I didn't believe in myself. You know who you are and I couldn't have done it without you.

I'm looking forward, I'm working on fixing the hurts in my past and putting them behind me thereby puttin myself back together, I'm even trying really hard to make peace with the things and people I know I can't change and with that in mind maybe it's a really good time to remember something that my gran always used to use on us when we bitched and moaned about something not going our way.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

Ok, ok she never used the whole thing on us, just the first part, but I thought it was a beautiful way to start the new year, sort of a reminder that we need to let go sometimes and go with the flow and see where it takes us. You never know it could be better than you ever expected.

Here's hoping that 2011 is a better one for us all and yes I'm stealing from a friend again but may it also be filled with peace and love

No comments: